Sunday, January 16, 2011

The night I shaved my pony tail...


"Dude,you were supposed to be on a date,how the hell did you end up in a police station ?"
It was 7:30.I was busy doing my assignment for Monday.I thought i had my hands full.
Well,i was wrong...
A while ago she had called.It was probably one of the worst calls i had got from her.
It was 7:20.I got a call from my friend Tea Suarez.
"Sean,you gotta do something,they roughed him in Jail..!Please do something...you are the only one i know who could help...i just cant call his home."
"What the heck???Okaaay..imma gonna see what i can do...just keep calm okay??"

Just as well,my best friend has the worst nightmare.Pretty much the worst I guess.
Trying to slip some green stuff by the side wont do no more these days.I would hate Roque if the news of him being jailed would reach his folks.For one,I loved his parents.For two,I don't know what the Mr.Don Bealle's family will go through when they hear his latest shenanigans.I called him up.Roque was shaken up.He had been stupid.Why do you wanna take your date to a park anyway?Wine,dine,cuddle and go home.Why the heck do you wanna slip the guard fifty bucks to lose it?I mean seriously,why?


"And were you actually caught in action when Ram Singh caught you?"
"Shut up ,dude...please help me..."
"Dude,you are not helping your cause.You caused a public offense,you beat up a guard,you are in a cell with cons,and Tea and your parents are worried."
"Sorry,but please..."
"Chill."

Not the first time Mr Roque Don Bealle found him in trouble.Yes pretty much the third time since his drinking spree.Although that was a juvenile offense his folks have no idea about.I said I will help,but I was out of plans really.
Then I got one.

"What the f*** are you doing in a salon??"
"Dude,wait up,why don't you flip your counter with the convicts next to you.."
"What up..man???I am in trouble and you aint coming..."
"Patience..."
"Moron...click!"

That was pretty heated up.?It was 8 O'Clock and i was still moaning about losing my mullet.Oh yes,Roque...lets go...

"I dunno T,I think I gotta call my parents..."
"Wait for him..."
"Son of a !@#$!!!"
"What???"
"I will call you later...he is here...!"


It was me.I could feel everybody gazing me.
I did well enough to get rid of my mullet,and dress up like Ravi's dad...
It was his clothes anyway...
"Inspector...I have been aware of my nephew's activities.I am totally sorry about it."
"Welcome sire,please sit...."
I had done my best to dress up as a lawyer.I even got the salon guy Ankit to streak up a strand of white to gimme that look.Roque was flummoxed when i winked at him.
"You look really young sire...An Uncle???"
"Yeah..generation gaps...you know..Look I am sorry that it happened.As a man of the law I believe in you,enforcers of the law.But in that regard please be soft on
the kid.His father is hitting his seventies.It wont be nice..you know..
"Totally sir..but please make sure..."
"Yes.I totally will make sure.And he will apologize at once."
"He needed a lot of spanking as a kid if you ask me..."
"How true.."
"Manke!!!"

My wry smile seemed to burn his thankful eyes.He apologized.His pride took a beating,but its always nice to get out...

"Dude...last time..get it...?"
"Totally man...you shaved your pony???You the best"
I knew I was.
"T!!"
They hugged.It was nauseating.
"I can proclaim you man and wife...if you want to legalize that.."
"Shut up Sean!"


Well,all's well that ends well.So bad story...I save the day.I lose my mullet.He gets the girl and they canoodle happily ever after..

My phone beeped.It was her again.
the message read-
'Thnk u
<3'
I turned around and saw them speed off.
I was happy too.

3 comments: